Doncaster Wheelers Cycling Club has been awarded £3000.00 in the Lloyds Bank Community Fund 2014 in Doncaster.
Following votes from members of the public, Doncaster Wheelers Cycling Club has been awarded a grant from Lloyds Bank to enable it to continue to develop cycling activities for young people in Doncaster.
* Doncaster Wheelers Cycling Club was established in 1926.
* The community fund was applied for to increase the number of qualified coaches with a view to offer more cycle activities and coaching skills to under 16 year olds.
* The club will develop further Go-Ride coaching sessions and as well as rides throughout the year to encourage young people to experience cycling as a sport.
* Go-Ride sessions are run by British Cycling qualified coaches by the club and to improve the ability and confidence of young riders in challenging and fun ways. The sessions are designed to progressively develop bike handling skills, improve fitness and introduce riders to different types of cycling and racing.
* All young riders will be encouraged to join a club to continue to enjoy cycling beyond the coaching sessions.
Doncaster Wheelers Chairman Trevor Siddons said, “We really want to get more young people involved in cycling for fun and as a sport. The Lloyds Bank Community Fund will enable us to deliver more opportunities for young people across Doncaster to get involved.”
The Lloyds Bank Community Fund was set up to help local people across England, Wales, and Northern
For more information regarding Go-Ride coaching sessions email: firstname.lastname@example.org